Student Records

The Davis Joint Unified School District has established a Custodian of Records to receive requests for records and to ensure these records are copied and provided to the individual making the request.

Students currently attending Davis Joint Unified School District, request records from the registrar at the school of current attendance.

The Department of Student Support Services is responsible for the permanent archiving of student cumulative records of former DJUSD students. Cumulative records are maintained for students who attended DJUSD schools from the 1960's to the present. Records for a student may include a listing of classes completed, grades, test scores, immunization records, and graduation status.

High school students records are generally maintained at the last school of attendance for approximately three (3) years from the date of graduation or withdrawal after which they are sent to be digitally archived. If the student recently graduated or withdrew from the district please request transcripts from the last school of attendance or the Department of Student Services during summer school months, (mid June-July).

Non-Public School records for DJUSD students are maintained by the Special Education Department.

Please direct subpoenas for student records to:
Department of Student Support Services
526 B Street
Davis, CA  95616
Phone:  (530) 757-5300 ext. 140/ Fax:  (530) 757-5323


Submit a Special Education Records Request by fax or postal mail to the Department of Special Education Services:
Fax request to: (530) 757-5416

Mail request to:
Special Education Department
Davis Joint Unified School District
526 B Street
Davis, CA 95616

Attention to the Director of Special Education
For questions: (530) 757-5300 ext. 197



Enrollment Verifications are not released over the phone, submit an Enrollment Request by fax or postal mail.

Fax request to (530) 757-5323

Mail request to:
Department of Student Support Services
Davis Joint Unified School District
526 B Street
Davis, CA  95616

Attention to the Director of Student Support Services
For questions:  (530) 757-5300 ext. 140


Transcripts are available at individual schools in the Davis Joint Unified School District.  The first six transcripts are free and then there will be a cost.

Instructions for Requesting a Transcript
Official Transcript

1. Stop by the Transcript Counter in the Counseling Office

2. Follow posted instructions on requesting a transcript

3. Complete a “Transcript Request Card”

4. Please allow 3 -5 business days for processing (Expediting services are not available)

Students are allowed 6 free copies

After 6 copies - there is a $5.00 fee for each copy

To have a Transcript Mailed

Provide a stamped addressed envelope to the college or organization you want transcript to be sent.


Unofficial Transcript

To request an unofficial transcript (unsealed/unsigned) 

Email your counselor or visit the transcript counter and fill out form to request an unofficial transcript


Questions about requesting transcripts  should be directed to the school registrar.



Please note: Telephone requests are NOT accepted

Instructions for requesting a Transcript

1. From the school's website, print and fill out a transcript request form.

2. The school cannot accept requests from a second party (including parents) without signed consent from the former student.

3. Bring or mail the completed request form to the school counseling office.

4.  Process time is approximately 3-5 business days (no expedited services are available)

5.  Need to request immunization records?  Use the same forms and process above.

6. Any questions should be directed to the school registrar.


FERPA and PPRA Annual Notification
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) affords custodial and noncustodial parents/legal guardians and students who are 18 years of age or older ("eligible students") certain rights with respect to the student's education records.  Complete information about FERPA and PPRA rights can be found here.