Health Services


Vaping on the rise in junior high and high school students - click here for more information

Type 1 Diabetes Support Group Our next meeting will be in January 2019. Date and time to be announced later.

Any medication your student requires at school must have an accompanying district medication authorization. Medication forms for the 2018-19 school year can be picked up in your school office or downloaded from the Popular Forms below and to the right. If your student currently has medication in the school office, please remember to pick it up on the last day of school.

Health Concerns at School

If your child has a serious health condition such as Diabetes, Seizure Disorder, or Severe Allergy, please contact your school nurse. The school nurse can develop an individualized health plan to support your child at school.

Please fill out this form with your doctor for prescription or over-the-counter medication:
Medication Assistance Authorization

A new Authorization is required at the beginning of each school year and any time there is a change in medication directives (such as change in medication, dosage, timing, or frequency). All medication supplied to the District must be in its original labeled form (i.e., in the original prescription bottle, sealed package, etc.). Except for personal asthma inhalers, epinephrine, and glucagon kits, a student may not independently possess medication during the school day or while on District property; all medication must be turned in to the school office.
If your child has a concussion, please contact your school nurse.
Acute Concussion Evaluation Care Plan
Concussion Facts
Recovery Guidelines for your doctor to fill out
Home & Hospital Instruction
Temporarily disabled students are entitled to instruction in their homes or in hospitals. Please contact your school nurse for more information or to request this service.
Home and Hospital Request Form
Home and Hospital Reference Manual
Hogar y Hospital Formulario de Solicitud
Unfortunately, lice is common in school age children. While a significant nuisance, they do not pose a health risk. Please refer to the following resources and contact your school nurse for support:
How To Get Rid Of Lice
Sample Lice Exposure Letter
Cómo deshacerse de los piojos
Carta de Muestra
For information about the immunizations that are required for school entry in California visit Shots for School

Exemptions based on personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into child care or school in California. For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions available at: Shots for School
Release of Info
DJUSD Authorization for Release of Health and Education Information
Fill out this form to allow district staff, such as the school nurse, to communicate directly with your child's health care provider.

Popular Forms: